10 / 2 / 2017 11.48am
The NHS CONFEDERATION (SERVICES) COMPANY LIMITED, whose registered office is at 50 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BD (Company No.05252407) are (the “Organisers”) of the NHS Confederation Confed17 conference, on 14-15 June 2017, NHS Employers Communications Conference 12 June 2017, NHS Employers Workforce Summit 13 June 2017 (the “Event”). These terms and conditions apply to bookings for the Event that you select. Our bookings are hosted and operated by LIVEBUZZ LIMITED, whose registered office is at 5 The Quadrant, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 2EL (Company No. 07496832).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
Terms and Conditions [version 1.1 22 February 2017
These Terms and Conditions (together with the documents referred to in them) will apply to any booking you make. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure you understand them. By using the booking system, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
Please visit: http://www.nhsconfed.org/cookie-and-privacy-policy
for other applicable terms, including cookie policies.
1. Registration and Bookings
Entitlement to rates
- When registering for the Event, the party making the booking will be asked to provide information about the delegate(s) attending the Event. The rates and packages available to the delegates will be determined based on the information provided, including but not limited to the organisation’s membership status.
- To be eligible for any member rates (discounted or otherwise), organisations must be live members of the NHS Confederation at the time of booking and at the time of the Event. If your organisations membership status changes prior to the event, or you organisation has not paid its membership invoice, your booking will be updated to the relevant non-member rate and a new / additional invoice will be issued to you.
- We reserve the right to change the applicable rates for your booking where an organisation’s membership status has changed.
- Delegates will receive an automated confirmation of their booking from the Organisers once the booking has been processed. If you have not received that confirmation within five working days of your registration, please email the registration team at email@example.com
- Registration details and a map will be sent to all booked delegates approximately one week before the Event.
Cancellations / Amendments to group bookings
- Group bookings are only available for Confed17.
- Where a group booking is offered to your organisation, delegates must book as a group in one booking and identify a lead booker. The group discounts are only offered to members or associate partners of the NHS Confederation and are subject to availability.
- Group discounts, where available, are applicable for delegates booking the full two days of the Event only.. All delegates booking as part of a group must be listed as part of a single booking for the group discount to apply.
- The number of delegates attached to a group booking cannot be changed once a group booking is made.
- It is possible to update or change a group booking to substitute the names of alternative delegates attending in the group where the total number of delegates remains the same. However, each delegate must have their own booking and it is not permitted to transfer places during the Event to different delegates.
- Should you wish to make any changes to your booking more than or up to two weeks prior to the Event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide full details of the new delegates who will be attending. Any changes to bookings relating to the identity of the delegates after this date can be made at the enquiries point during the conference.
- We require full payment in advance of the Event. Should you fail to make payment in advance of the Event, you will be required to make full payment prior to your admittance to the Event. Failure to do so may result in you being refused admittance to the Event.
- If payment is not made at the time of booking, registration will be provisional until full payment is received.
- For any cancellations made up to 6 weeks prior to the date of the Event, you shall be entitled to a full refund of the booking fee (where paid in advance).
- If you provide less than 6 weeks’ notice of cancellation prior to the Event, you will be charged the full booking fee. This also applies to groupbookings.
- Our preferred method of payment is debit or credit card. We also accept BACS, CHAPS, corporate & personal cheques.
- We may allow some organisations to request an invoice and pay on account. This is offered at our sole discretion and if you select this option we reserve the right to request payment via another method to confirm your booking. All invoices are subject to an administration fee in addition to the cost of the booking, equivalent to 5% the total cost of the booking inclusive of VAT. VAT will not be charged on the administration fee.
- Payment on account via invoice will not be available less than 30 days prior to the Event and payment will need to be made by another method.
- If you do request an invoice, please ensure that you include your purchase order number or departmental code in your delegate booking information. If your organisation does not operate a purchase order system please provide the relevant email address for the invoice as failure to provide a valid purchase order number or departmental code can delay your invoice from being processed.
- All invoices must be paid within 30 days of date of invoice.
- Banking details for payments by BACS, CHAPS or cheque will be included in your invoice. Please quote the invoice number in all payments made.
- For any new bookings made on the day of the Event you will be required to make full payment on-site, which can be made by credit or debit card (VISA/Mastercard including American Express).
3. The Event
- The Event details and programme are correct at time of the date of publication of these Terms and Conditions. However, it may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the organisers to alter the content and timing of the Event programme. The Organisers therefore reserve the right to make changes to the Event programme, venue and timings where necessary.
- In the unlikely event of the Event being cancelled by the Organisers, a full refund will be made. Our liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
- In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the Event is postponed or the dates are changed, the Organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
- If by re-arrangement or postponement the Event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the Organisers shall remain in force and will be subject to the cancellation policy in section 2 above.
- You will be given the opportunity to book your sessions and networking activities once the programme for the Event has been finalised near to the time of the Event. We will contact you with the appropriate booking details and encourage you to identify which sessions to you want attend. If you do not pre-register for sessions, spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis on site.
- We do not guarantee the programme content, availability or entry into any sessions of the Event.
4. Data protection
- We will include your personal details (name, job title and organisation) on the delegate list which will be available to other attendees and Event sponsors. The delegate list allows you to see who else is attending the Event and can help with networking. Please indicate at the point of booking if you would like to opt out of including your personal details on the delegate list.
- Your personal details (name, job title and organisation and email address) will be recorded via a scanner when you attend a session. These details may be shared with our event partners, , session supporters or those facilitating the session. Please indicate at the point of booking or email [ Confed17@nhsconfed.org ] if you would like to opt out of sharing your details.
- Your conference badge will have a barcode on it which can be scanned by exhibitors to capture your personal information such as your name, job title, organisation and email address. Please inform the exhibitor at the time if you do not wish to have your details scanned.
- We find it helpful to have a note of your mobile phone number so that we can contact you during the Event with news or changes to the programme. We will not share this information with any other party.
- By submitting registration details, delegates agree to allow the Organisers to contact them regarding their services and future events. If delegates do not wish to receive such communications, please email Confed17@nhsconfed.org.
- Views expressed by speakers are their own. The Organisers assume no responsibility for the content of presentations or materials provided by speakers at the Event and the Organisers cannot give any warranty that the information will be accurate or up to date.
- Subject to the paragraph below, the Organisers do not accept liability for any error or omission and excludes all liability for any action you may take or loss or injury you may suffer (whether direct or indirect, or any indirect, consequential or special loss) howsoever arising for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the Event or in any material provided to delegates or as a result of you relying on the same.
- We do not attempt to exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury caused by the Organiser’s own negligence or any other liability the exclusion and restriction that cannot be excluded or restricted by English law.
6. Photography & Filming
- There may be a professional photographer and video production taking place during the Event which may be used at a later date for promotional and other uses. Delegates who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise the Organisers by email to Confed17@nhsconfed.org.
- It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the conference. The NHS Confederation cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
- The Organisers reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions. We will do this by altering these Terms and Conditions on the site and this alteration will then be of immediate effect.
- These Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Each and every provision of these Terms and Conditions is separate and severable. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
Speakers Terms & Conditions
- The NHS Confederation may use the speaker’s name and presentation materials for promoting delegate attendance at the Event.
- Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations will not be returned unless specifically requested by the author. The papers must be objective and completely free of advertising and commercialism.
- The NHS Confederation may audio and/or video tape the speaker’s session and the recording may be reproduced and distributed.
- The NHS Confederation may reproduce copies of the speaker’s presentation (e.g. PowerPoint slides or supporting handouts) on paper and/or electronically and these may be used after the Event. Any acknowledgement regarding Copyright or other intellectual property rights should be included at the end of the abstract/presentation.