13 / 2 / 2017 11am
When: 14/06/2017 8:30 - 20:00 and 15/06/2017 7:30 - 17:30
Where: ACC Liverpool
Address: Kings Dock, Liverpool Waterfront, Liverpool, L3 4FP
The full Confed17 programme will be launched w/c 3 April
Confed17 has a refreshed full two-day programme that is structured around six conference strands. These strands contain a mix of plenary sessions, panel discussions, debates, seminars and workshops that means you can engage in a variety of different ways to gain new knowledge, insights and learning in the areas of most interest and importance to you.
The programme strand themes for Confed17 are:
- Digital: Making transformative change a shared reality through use of technology.
- Integration: Joining together the gaps in health and care.
- Leadership: Guiding the vision of better services from the front.
- Money: Getting the most out of scarce taxpayer funding.
- Transformation: Delivering change at pace and scale.
- Workforce: Making the most out of your workforce and bank.
The timings for Confed17 have been confirmed. Registrations will open at 08:30 on Wednesday 14 June and will close at 20:00 after the HSJ drinks reception. Thursday 15 June will start at 07:30 with a fringe breakfast session and will close at 17:30.
Breakout sessions by day
Wednesday 14 June
- How can we harness an information revolution to make services paperless by the end of this decade?
- Are there ways to reduce the pressures on hospitals and support patients being transferred into community settings quicker?
- Where are organisations leading the way to drive improvements in diversity and inclusion?
- What difficult decisions are needed to make health and care more affordable?
- Will reforms to urgent and emergency care make services more sustainable?
- Can we make better use of bank and agency staff to improve care?
- Will Brexit impact on how the health services manages its workforce?
- Are we getting the most out of resources and where can we reduce spending on low value?
- What does an integrated system look like with care delivered closer to home?
- Where are organisations improving productivity and making savings to balance budgets?
Thursday 15 June
- How can data be used to improve outcomes?
- How can increased mental health resources improve access to services?
- What will social care services look like in the future and how should they change?
- Does the workforce for mental health services need to change?
- Will workforce productivity contribute big savings to allow the NHS to do more for less?
- What reforms to primary care help to manage the needs of patients today?
- How do organisations build trust with their staff?
- Where are health and social care integrating to transform how patients are treated?
- What can health do to contribute to the growth and development of our economy?
- How can health and local government better integrate their digital infrastructure?
We are pleased to announce that on Wednesday 14 June we will be opening Confed17 with a panel discussion. When booking travel and accommodation
we would recommend getting to Liverpool early to ensure you get through registration in time for this compelling session.
The following key note speakers have been confirmed to speak at Confed17:
- Niall Dickson, CEO of NHS Confederation, is speaking on Wednesday
- Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State, is speaking on Thursday
- Simon Stevens, CEO of NHS England, is speaking on Thursday
This year the main stage programme will focus on the following plenary themes:
- The session Celebrating the NHS, world leaders in…. will explore areas the NHS is most successful
- The Consumer health revolution will review what the future for healthcare is, with the growing use of health apps and new technologies
- Taking the ‘N’ out of the NHS? will address the challenges of reconciling a national health service with the devolution agenda
- Our Local transformations session will bring together local politicians, NHS leaders, patient groups and local anti-hospital closure campaigners to debate the issue of changing local services
Please note our programme and activities are subject to change. Keep an eye on this page and follow @Confed17 on twitter for all the latest programme updates and information. If you have any questions about Confed17, please contact our events team on 0844 800 5987 or email Confed17@nhsconfed.org.
"The solutions to our challenges lie in whole system change, collaboration and a values based approach, delivering for the people we serve not organisational sovereignty. The NHS Confederation annual conference is one of the best places to bring all of the systems together to explore those possibilities."
CEO, NHS Foundation Trust