The newly refreshed calendar of events kicks off with an insightful look into how healthcare journalists get their stories published.
Chaired by Lawrence McGinty, ex science and medical editor for ITV News, with guest speakers Nick McDermott, health editor for the The Sun and Graham Scott, editor at Nursing Standard. This event will provide an informal opportunity for them to share how they develop stories, what it takes to get your messages across and how to engage better with the national and trade media.
You will also learn how you can publicise your work to healthcare organisations through local and national media. Open new lines of communication you may not have previously considered and increase awareness of how you are supporting the delivery of key health and care priorities.
A draft agenda for the evening, which is subject to change.
- 6.00pm - Registration opens
- 6.30pm - Introduction from the chair, Lawrence McGinty
- 6.35pm - How a story starts
- 6.45pm - What makes a story newsworthy
- 7.00pm - Breaking news stories
- 7.10pm - Questions
- 7.15pm - Comfort break
- 7.30pm - Engage with local and national media outlets
- 7.40pm - Working with in-house media teams – dos and don’ts
- 7.50pm - Questions
- 7.55pm - Closing remarks from the chair
- 8.00pm - End
Who should attend?
Associate colleagues and NHS communications and media professionals who want to better their relationships with healthcare media.
All of these events are free and will, not only provide valuable insight into key policy, workforce and finance issues affecting the NHS, but also excellent networking opportunities.
To book your place, please email email@example.com with your name, job title and organisation.