16 / 03 / 2016
In December 2015, the national NHS bodies released their NHS planning guidance for 2016/17
. Included in this guidance is the requirement for local health areas to create a plan for accelerating and implementing the Five Year Forward View.
These Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) will be place-based, multi-year blueprints that ensure the additional funding secured in the Spending Review is effectively channelled into transforming the way care is delivered.
Successful development of STPs will be central to the release of sustainability funding for providers in 2016/17 and any real-terms increases in clinical commissioning group (CCG) allocations from 2017/18.
As has been acknowledged in the initial guidance, the independent sector should play a key role in helping individual footprints to meet the stated requirements for STPs and in ensuring the plans are effectively delivered.
This document has been developed to provide more detail on how that support could be realised and is broken up into three main areas:
- capital – helping to access and secure external investment
- capacity – providing additional, flexible capacity to meet demand and patient need
- capability – enabling learning and dissemination of good practice from local, regional, national and international operators.
NHSPN will be holding two events, chaired by Dame Barbara Hakin, enabling NHS leaders who want to build and foster strategic relationships with the independent sector to learn more about what is already being done and how to take and apply that learning in local areas. The events will take place on:
- Thursday 19 May, from 10.00am - 1.30pm in central London
- Tuesday 24 May, from 10.00am - 2.00pm in Leeds
For more information and to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org.