12 / 05 / 2017
The Welsh NHS Confederation recently responded to the Parliamentary Review on health and social care in Wales.
We welcomed the Parliamentary Review because it is an opportunity to build political consensus around the long term challenges facing the health and care system.
Our response to the Parliamentary Review identifies a number of actions that the NHS Leaders believe would help Wales to realise our vision for a sustainable health and care system in the next five to ten years. The issues considered relate to the following key areas;
- Improving population health and well-being;
- Integrating patient centred services;
- Engaging the public and patients, and co-production;
- Reshaping the workforce;
- Addressing the financial and technology challenge and driving greater efficiency and value; and
- Encouraging innovation and developing economic potential.